Wednesday, September 26, 2007

generosity

I remember Uncle Teddy as a man who was very generous of giving himself -- both in giving time, and in giving knowledge. Uncle Teddy taught me so much about the world, and he always encouraged me to follow my passions. For example, when I became interested in photography, he showed me how to use his Pentax k1000 manual 35mm camera. Later he gave the camera to me, and encouraged me to develop my photographic skills.

And didn't he take great pictures? I plan on posting some of the photos I have from our 1995 trip to the Philippines for the 25th silver wedding anniversary of his sister, Auntie Thelma and her husband Uncle Virgil. He gave me copies of all of the hundreds of photos he took during that trip. I just need to scan them, so I can post. Stay tuned
I took these 2 photos at Manila Bay, The Philippines in November 1995, on the trip I referred to above.

No comments: