Thursday, September 27, 2007

Oysters!!

Uncle Teddy always appreciated a good meal and even moreso appreciated when others appreciated a good meal. Once when Marita and I went to visit him in Texas, he took us out for oysters. First, he ordered one plate which we split 3 ways. It was my first time to try fresh oysters, but I liked them. When I told Uncle Teddy that they were good, his wicked sense of humor came out. He ordered another plateful, just for me. Although I did like the oysters, I didn't really feel up to eating an entire plate of them by myself. However, protests were of no use.

"Geraldine, I bought you these oysters, because you said you liked them. You have to eat them. You can't waste food."

"O.K. Uncle Teddy, I'll try to finish them."

When I was done eating, I proudly told him, "Uncle Teddy I'm done."

His response? "Geraldine, you pig!! I can't believe you ate the whole plate by yourself!"

1 comment:

Ed Kinsella said...

this is the best story, because it is classic Uncle Teddy at his finest